Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What will I do to debrief the students after I have attended the field trip?



Prior to leaving the site, I would have the students get into one big group and we would discuss what we saw and how this applies to our knowledge of plant communities and different types of plants. From there I would ask the students to share their observations, comments and something they found interesting with a partner in a pair share activity. We would regroup after a few minutes and I would randomly select students to share what was discussed with their partner. Once back in the classroom the students final activity would be to write in their science journals something that they enjoyed as well as describe one of the plant communities and what makes the plants special in this community.

No comments:

Post a Comment